|Fioravante (Fred) Vendrasco|
1914 (aged 25–26)|
|Cause of death||Hillcrest Mine Disaster|
|Resting place||Blairmore, Alberta|
1888, 24 Feb, Fioravante Sesto Vendrasco was born in the Comune of Arzene, Province Portenone, Northern Italy.
Father Giovanni Vendrasco, age 42 in 1888, occupation a merchant of rags and old clothes and his wife Giovanna Preveddo, housewife.
Miner and Siblings (not necessarily in birth order)
- Giovanni Vendrasco
- Fioravante Sesto Vendrasco
- Sebestiano Vendrasco (born Crespano)
- Luigi Vendrasco (born 24 Dec 1885, Arzene)
- Antonio Vendrasco
Immigration to Canada
1913 Ship America, age 26, single, from Arzene, going to Frank, Alberta to brother Giovanni
Occupation in 1914
Hillcrest Mine Disaster June 19, 1914 - Killed
1) Buried in Hillcrest but not in Mass Grave
2) Buried in Blairmore, Alberta. Assume this one is correct.
After the Hillcrest Mine Disaster
The other Vendrasco brothers were in the Crowsnest Pass.
If you would like to see more information that we have gathered, please go to http://www.hillcrestminedisaster.com.