1914 (aged 43–44)|
|Cause of death||Hillcrest Mine Disaster|
|Resting place||Hillcrest Cemetery|
Born 1869 at Murton, Durham, England
John Davison and Mary Allan
Miner and Siblings (in birth order)
- William Davison
- Jane A. Davison
- John Davison
- Elizabeth Davison
- Catherine Davison
John Davison married Elizabeth Ellen Pearson at Easington 4/4 1889
- Jane Davison
- James Davison
- Mary Davison
- John Davison
- Arthur Davison
- Edna Davison
- 1891 Brandon, Durham, age 22, occupation miner
- 1901 Hebburn, Durham, age 32, coal miner hewer below ground
- 1911 Houghton le Spring, age 42, coal miner, hewer
Immigration to Canada
- 1904 Ship Tunisian, age 35, miner, destination Springhill, Nova Scotia, Canada
- 1908 Ship Empress Britain, age 34, John and family returned to England
- 1912 Ship Grampian, age 40, miner, going to Hillcrest
Occupation in 1914
Hillcrest Mine Disaster June 19, 1914 - Killed
John is buried in the Masonic Section of the Hillcrest Cemetery.
After the Hillcrest Mine Disaster
1916 census Hillcrest, Elizabeth with three of her children
Elizabeth remarried 13 May 1919 in Simcoe, Ontario to Silas Harvey.
John's wife was the aunt of John Pearson, another victim of the Hillcrest Mine Disaster.
John Davison's son, John, was reputed to have been the youngest survivor of the Hillcrest Mine Disaster.
If you would like to see more information that we have gathered, please go to http://www.hillcrestminedisaster.com.