1914 (aged 17–18)|
|Cause of death||Hillcrest Mine Disaster|
|Resting place||Hillcrest Cemetery|
- 1 Early Life
- 2 Marriage
- 3 Census Records
- 4 Occupation in 1914
- 5 Hillcrest Mine Disaster June 19, 1914 - Killed
- 6 Cemetery
- 7 After the Hillcrest Mine Disaster
- 8 Alternate Names or Alternate Spelling of Names
- 9 Interesting Facts
Born about 1896 In Massachusetts, USA
Edgar Johnson married Susan Henderson, 2 Dec 1891, at River Philip, Nova Scotia, Edgar a miner.
Miner and Siblings (in birth order)
- Fred Johnson (b. 1892, Nova Scotia)
- John William Johnson (b. 1896, USA)
- [Catherine P Johnson (b. Nova Scotia)??]
- Hannah Johnson (b. 1901 USA)
- Almon Johnson (b. 1905 Nova Scotia)
- Jean Johnson (b. 1910 Alberta)
1900 Melrose, Middlesex, Massachusetts, age 4, born Massachusetts
1911 Hillcrest, age 15, occupation grocer clerk 1907 from 1911 census
Occupation in 1914
Hillcrest Mine Disaster June 19, 1914 - Killed
William is buried beside his brother Fred Johnson and his mother in the Hillcrest Cemetery.
After the Hillcrest Mine Disaster
Alternate Names or Alternate Spelling of Names
John William Johnson
William's brother, Fred Johnson, was also killed in the Hillcrest Mine Disaster.
If you would like to see more information that we have gathered, please go to http://www.hillcrestminedisaster.com.